Re: Reflexor and elevator control tubes

Kevin Boddicker

Richard,

I would leave the roll trim where it is. Wish I had mine like that. Now that it is flying I don’t want to take the time to “fix” it.
Stub arm was there when I got the project. I think it was for a left side stick. all those pieces were installed, but I took them out.

The servo is not a bad idea, however, I will probably never have an AP.

As you might say, Cheers!

Kevin

On Aug 11, 2020, at 3:26 AM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Thanks Kevin,

Now thats interesting , my roll trim on the elevators is on the starbord side, it was there when I had it so left it there. Also there is a interfacing part that has stops built in so you cant go too far. I will take some pictures next time I am at the hanger.

So that poses the Question: does it matter which side the trim is fitted ?

Also on your aileron bellcrank is the stub arm sticking up for servo connection ?

Rich T.

On 09/08/2020 14:26, Kevin Boddicker wrote:
Richard,
You had asked about the reflexor and elevator push pull tubes and adjustment for roll trim.
I will attempt to attach some pics for you.
<DSCN1113.jpeg>

Reflexor installed. The aluminum holds the cookie in the ring, and applies the friction to keep it in place. The bolt at the top is a b-nut that captures the control wire. the control is a veneer cable in the cockpit.
The stainless cable is for the rudder.

<DSCN0810.jpeg>

Elevator control rods. If you look closely, you can see the friction tube that is on the left control rod. Just a piece of clear tube. The ID is tight on the metal parts. No movement with vibration. There is a left thread on one end and a right thread on the other.  Cardinal Rule! DO NOT ADJUST DURING FLIGHT. It would be a bad day if the tube came disconnected in flight. There are no jamb nuts on them. 520 hours and so far I have had no trouble.
Let me know if you have any questions.
<DSCN0817.jpeg>