Re: weight

Sam Hoskins

Just follow the plans.  A mid span hinge would serve what purpose? The ailerons are simple, best to keep them that way. They are a low maintenance item and as far as my experience goes, don't need fixing.

Sam

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:50 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Flipped the wing upright today to install the aileron slots. Any
different ideas on mounting the ailerons?

How is the best way to make an aileron to fuselage fairing? I am setting
mine up a bit different than plans. I want the ailerons easily removable
to service bushings. I also have a hinge point mid aileron,  and am
thinking of installing fuselage mounted phenolic along with the inner
phenolic.  For the fuselage hinge point I  would like to drill it  out
to 1 inch.  Slide the 5/8 tubing mounted in the aileron into the
phenolic and then slide a one inch outside diameter bushing with  5/8
inside  into the phenolic and pop rivet it in place.  The inner
bellcrank has a washer on it that will push against the inner phenolic
to hold the aileron out. Any ideas and critisism is welcome along with
pictures.

  Take care-------------  Chris