Re: weight

Jay Scheevel

I agree with the group on this, Chris. Build aileron assembly per plans, or close to it. No need to alter a good design. It will save you time and hassle in the long run.

Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:

 Flipped the wing upright today to install the aileron slots. Any
different ideas on mounting the ailerons?

How is the best way to make an aileron to fuselage fairing? I am setting
mine up a bit different than plans. I want the ailerons easily removable
to service bushings. I also have a hinge point mid aileron,  and am
thinking of installing fuselage mounted phenolic along with the inner
phenolic.  For the fuselage hinge point I  would like to drill it  out
to 1 inch.  Slide the 5/8 tubing mounted in the aileron into the
phenolic and then slide a one inch outside diameter bushing with  5/8
inside  into the phenolic and pop rivet it in place.  The inner
bellcrank has a washer on it that will push against the inner phenolic
to hold the aileron out. Any ideas and critisism is welcome along with
pictures.

 Take care-------------  Chris