From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Question on Canards and Main Wings
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 12:21:17 -0600

Hi Bruce,

You can send Mike the  attached files. They are the asci files for Javafoil input that contain the geometries for BL 15 (fuselage wall), BL50 and BL100. Both the canard and the wing in the same file for each BL. The ordinates are their relative position as installed on the fuselage of the Tri-Q2, per plans. The absolute x-coordinates are in meters relative to the firewall located at 0.0 meters (FS 14 in plans) and the y-coordinates are relative to the ground (0.0 meters) for purposes of ground-effect modeling.  The plans-correct sweep and washout are also represented by the coordinates these files (LS1 canard, and Eppler Wing).  There is no anhedral, since I have modeled a Tri-Q with flat canard.

Mike can contact me offline if he has any questions. Also, may want to make him aware of my papers on the modeling, in case he is interested. Here are the links from my website:

From: Mike Shuck <mikeshuck2001@...>
Date: August 29, 2020 at 11:30:17 PM CDT
To: "jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...>
Subject: Question on Canards and Main Wings

Hi Bruce,

I'm working on the the canards and main wings re: airfoils.

I have the ordinates for them but for the Q2/Q200 and the Quickie but I need to know the chord length in inches of the canards for each of the 2 models and the chord length of the main wings of each of the 2 models. If the main wings are tapered I need the maximum chord and the minimum chord in inches and I can derive the mean aerodynamic chord from that data. This way I can calculate the Reynolds numbers for each.

I hope you can help me on this. I'm going to add a canard of my own design for the Q2/200 and airfoils for the main wings of each (for theoretical uses only) just to spice up the PowerPoint presentation.

Thank you!

Mike