Re: Those with Light Speed Electronic Ignition...

Jon Finley

Thank you Jim, that is very kind and I really appreciate it!  I’m always amazed when I look back at the history of this group – there have been so many people that have done so much.  I suspect this is due to QAC going away and leaving the early guys to fend for themselves. Obviously, love of the of the design and the PEOPLE has kept this going for nearly forty years – that is very impressive!!

I agree – I think Klaus is great! I just have to chuckle every time I hear of someone planning to call him.  I’m also known for being a bit hard on customers in my organization (and they reason they took me out of that role!!) so I completely understand where he is coming from!  If there was just a way to operate a financially successful business without customers!! I continue to work on that…. 😊

Oh yes, I do miss both my Quickie and Q2. I was flying the Quickie during my aviation early/learning years (after I got my CFI so about 275 hours) so I have MANY memories that usually end with something like “… I won’t do that again!”  Not sure if I am still alive because of that airplane or in spite of it! 😊  With the RV-3 and RV-4, I’ve come to thoroughly enjoy backcountry flying, formation flying, and aerobatics. The Q isn’t ideal for any of those so I’m happy with the evolution that I’ve been able to enjoy.  I’ve had a fantastic mentor the last 12 years (former Navy F-4 driver) that he has really been the impetus for learning these new skills. I sometimes wonder if that isn’t they key for the future of GA (as much as some of the other things we see being tried) - an older/experienced guy taking a younger guy under their wing and spending years bringing them along – sadly, much too rare.

Watch out for that smoke and manage your risk!! 😊

Jon