Re: GU Canard Wax

David J. Gall

Jim,

Isn't "pupating" something that caterpillars do? :-)

I've always been a fan of the Farnum tailwheel and the LaRue brakes. These
are, without a doubt, the best ways to accomplish these two tasks. I didn't
think it was necessary to "include" them in my alignment suggestion, because
I was not trying to catalog everything into a single be-all end-all fix. I
was trying to explain a cause-effect relationship and explore a solution.
Certainly, people should address other issues like brakes and tailwheel
geometry besides just the alignment when attempting to fix a squirrely
airplane.

I don't understand why you think this is an either/or situation, or what
thinking leads you to suggest that my alignment procedure somehow "masks"
some other problem. There are many issues to be addressed on these
airplanes. Some of them interact. Your agenda seems to be an exclusionary
one, and I don't know why. We're both trying to solve the same problem, and
we're both bringing useful tools to the shop. The guys at Tire Kingdom
always seem to be trying to sell me new brakes AND new tires AND new shocks
AND an alignment AND a steering dampener -- how come at your airplane shop
it seems to be an alignment OR those other four things, preferably the
latter??

Just "chrysalising,"

David J. Gall
P.S. It would be interesting to know