Re: New to Quickies

Jay Scheevel

Hi Cody,
Build per plans with glass. If you use carbon fiber you need to do a complete engineering analysis. There could be unintended stress concentrations or failure modes that can only be identified with an engineering evaluation. The plane can be a built quite light without resorting to alternative materials.

Cody <cody.craig1985@...> wrote:

Well, I've decided to give it a go. I have already watched both those videos twice before joining this forum. I'll probably watch them a few more times before I start the project. I have questions about fiberglass strength, carbon fiber etc. I know carbons expensive as all get out. Bidirectional cloth seems easy to find. The unicloth seems harder. Aircraft spruce is kind of expensive. Are there other sources to consider?