Re: ISO TriQ nose gear

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

O.156 wall 1 1/4" I.D. heat treated to Rockwell 43. Same layout as the original 1" gear just has a heavier wall tubing and a 1/4" more diameter.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Phil Lankford via groups.io" <britmcman@...>
Date: 10/13/20 11:11 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] ISO TriQ nose gear

Does anyone on the list know the diameter, wall thickness (or solid bar), metal alloy and temper of the Tri-Q nose gear?

Phil

On Oct 12, 2020, at 8:36 PM, Phil Lankford via groups.io <britmcman@...> wrote:

Hello Ryan. I think that item may be the early version of the nose gear. I have a non-damaged, non-repaired sample of that and I might be willing to part with it but would recommend going for the later version. We are attempting to white light dimensionally scan the new version from out two examples here at KSEE. It would be better to get you II to a more robust design if at all possible. Here are some images of the early version that I have on hand. You can compare the images and let me know if it resembles what you now have.

<image.jpg>
<image.jpg>
<image.jpg>
<image.jpg>
<image.jpg>

On Oct 11, 2020, at 8:07 PM, ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712@...> wrote:

Phil, I'm in Colorado Springs. My email is below.

elboy0712@...

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 9:01 PM, Phil Lankford via groups.io
<britmcman@...> wrote:
Where is Ryan located?  I have access to two Tri-Qs. Might be able to help. He can pm me. Phil

On Oct 11, 2020, at 3:43 PM, Patrick Panzera <editor@...> wrote:

With all that being said, is there anyone who can help Ryan?

He has a broken Tri-Q that he desperately wants to get in the air,
has the drive, motivation and wherewithal, and wouldn't we love to
see a Q brought back to life and in the air? I would!

So let's help him out if you can.

He'd ideally like to buy one and install it in place of the broken one he has,
or borrow one that he can duplicate and return.

OR! Maybe someone who has access to one can take some photos and
measurements and send them along so he can build one?

It's really hard to duplicate repair parts of an orphaned kitplane like the Q.

Let's help Ryan get in the air!

Pat

ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Sep 7, 2020, 6:11 PM
to Q-list
Anyone have a TriQ nose great they're not in need if and are willing to part with for less than one of my kidneys? Or at the very least one I could pay to have shipped to me for reference for making a new one. I can't seem to find the plans/diagrams etc for the nose gear specifically and mine is toast. Unless maybe I'm just blind and not seeing them in the TriQ conversion plans. In which case I'm happy to be directed to the place my own stupidity is failing to find... Let me know and thanks in advance!!
     Ryan G. COS

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Okay.

Enough people have had their say. Paul and I are even getting emails off-line. So here's the scoop. This forum isn't Facebook, so we'll play nice here , right? If you have something to settle with some one, do it somewheres else. We have over 800 people on this list, please remember that when you post something.

We don't want to get any more notices that people are dropping off the list because they don't like the tone of what they are reading.

Any more posts that make me uncomfortable will result in a demotion to 100% moderated status.

Capisce?

Sam (and probably Paul)

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 2:53 PM JMasal via groups.io <JMasal=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
RK
Just to exercise my management degree a bit (and actual experience) a business bankrupts NOT from CHEAP customers but POOR management. Own that, don't pass the buck.
If you price the product for a profit and it is too high, customers won't buy. If they don't buy don't make more, get the hell outta that product, make something else or quit because
YOU didn't understand the market. Freshman economic theory!

j.