Re: Biaxial-traxial vs 7715 Fiberglass #epoxy

Martin Skiby

Well said Bruce.  I’m all for innovation, but that can lead to a 20 year build.  I have seen it happen.

Martin

On Oct 18, 2020, at 10:53 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Or you could follow the plans and get it done more quickly without deviations and distractions.
Bruce

On Oct 18, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Stuart Grant <smgrant@...> wrote:

If  you are thinking of using vacuum-bagging, consider the Cozy-Girrrls "Lo-Vac" technique - Low Cost, Low Vacuum - that they have used for many, many years to make high quality parts for experimental aircraft.

See their webpage on it here ---  http://www.cozygirrrl.com/lovac.htm and a long video of a presentation that Randi made at Sun-N-Fun in 2019 here --- https://youtu.be/fmuDOWTr_3c

No wrinkles, no bubbles, no excess resin. Uses an aquarium pump and cling wrap to generate a vacuum of only about -11 inches of mercury. Worth checking out as an assist to hand layup especially for parts that are not really big.