Re: 2020 vendors

One Sky Dog

Shear forces go through the foam trying to glue sheets together builds in a change in stiffness and loads always concentrate in stiffness changes.

On Oct 24, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Dan Moses via groups.io <r90s@...> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 10:40 AM, One Sky Dog wrote:
Do not glue blocks together horizontally people did and died.
I do not doubt the truth of this statement, but please elaborate. From a model aviation composites background, this is not an obvious blunder.  Isn’t the foam designed to only take compressional forces?  I’m all for following instructions to the letter, but one of the justifications for amateur aviation is education.  Can you help me understand what some unfortunates learned the hard way?