Re: Ls1 skins

Sam Hoskins

Cody,

When built to plans, many of the guys with the LS1 canard have had a dimple appear about 25 inches outboard of the fuselage. When I built a new canard a couple of years ago I consulted with Mike Bergen, a Navy a Navy composites guy, and we talked about it quite a bit. I wound up adding a couple of small extra plies and it has worked out quite well for me. You can see what I did in that very crude sketch that's in the LS1 canard plans I drew up. If you need further help with that, let me know. The drawing's not the greatest.

Sam Hoskins

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 9:05 PM Cody <cody.craig1985@...> wrote:
I've been reading and trying to memorize major portions of the build process as I cut the jigs and acquire some materials. Quickheads has a builders note about adding spar cap lamination to the LS1 skin. Would you guys consider this a highly recommended/mandatory addition? Are there any different cloth templates that work better in anyone's experience?