Re: Sparrow strainers

Jay Scheevel

I agree with Bruce. For years I have tried to noodle out the reasoning that QAC recommended the inboard mounting of the sparrow strainers and it may have something to do with the stall of the canard beginning inboard so the incipient stall will partially washout on the sparrow strainer resulting in a sort of stall recovery effect by adding forward stick forces. This is just a guess on my part.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Crain
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:14 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Sparrow strainers

After my experience with putting the sparrow strainer mid span I would just go with the plans. It is a given and midpoint is not. I put 1 1/2 degree up incidence on the canard and .8 up on the main wing. If you have a light and therefore fast Q the view over the nose will be good as the aft end flies higher the faster you fly.
Bruce
On Nov 24, 2020, at 4:03 PM, Dorothea Keats <dkeats@tbaytel.net> wrote:

 About to install the sparrow strainers on the Q200 elevator. I noticed on the video showing Bruces airplane , he had the strainers in the middle. Is there any concern installing them on the outboard side of the elevator as apposed to the inside?

Should be finished most of the bodywork on the flying surfaces next week, so I will be able to install the canard and wing. Following some of the older threads, I think on the Q200 it is recommended by Sam and some others to add one more positive angle of attack on the canard. Did I get that right? The wing stays as is.

Still picking micro from my nose, but the end is in sight. Take care-------------- Chris

Death Row Inmates Scam State Pandemic Benefits
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fbdbe0011d1f3dff5949st03duc1
Pennsylvania, Nevada Certify Vote Results
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fbdbe0030b7a3dff5949st03duc2
Flournoy May Not Be a Shoo-In for Defense After All
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fbdbe004fa7f3dff5949st03duc3