Re: Fuselage assembly

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

Proseal is great for aluminum tanks but does not like any type of auto fuels do to additives outside of ethanol/methanol and it never fully hardens. Van's aircraft uses it to seal their tanks. We have always used Rhino 9700 on epoxy tanks it was created to protect epoxy structures from acids and alchohol it is a great way to make sure a fiberglass epoxy tank never leaks. Since it is an epoxy with a Novak backbone it will not peel like other tank coatings. It does not work on a metal surface. It has been used for years by Lancair in all their tanks as well as A2CZ and other epoxy build aircraft.

Richard

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 7:30 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Pure epoxy works just fine. Just make sure you have good coverage. An aluminum tank makes no sense. As for compounds to prevent leaks, that's what the epoxy is for. I have heard of people of applying sealant to the inside of the tanks and it peeled off and made a big complicated mess. Again, you're looking at a solution in search of a problem.

Sam Hoskins

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020, 10:00 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
I‘ve never used it, but hey knock yourself out. I would think it can’t hurt

On Dec 12, 2020, at 7:33 PM, Cody <cody.craig1985@...> wrote:

Jay wouldn't proseal work as well? I have a lot of that at the shop I was thinking about using.