Thinking auto and as I said I have lots on the go, too much to add the start of this project right now. Should  free up a lot of time next month then I can dig into this.

II think I should have asked  about this  on another chain. I was asking about the belly board.

Thanks

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 12:16 PM Jay Scheevel, <jay@...> wrote:

Welcome, Mike.

I have never heard of a bell pan.  Can you send a picture?

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Steinsland
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 10:15 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io Group Moderators <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Fuselage assembly

Hi guys

My name is Mike

I live in Parry Sound  Ontario.

I just picked up a project that I plan on getting into after the new year and all the business of the holidays are over

I have a ton of questions but I'll save them for later when I can keep up the corespondence.

One question I do have since you're on the topic

I do have what appears to be aftermarket drawings of the bell pan install

They're pretty messy to read

Dies anyone have any clear drawings?

Lots of good stuff I have been reading for the last month from you guys

I'm looking forward to the project

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 9:51 AM Richard Kaczmarek 3RD, <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Proseal is great for aluminum tanks but does not like any type of auto fuels do to additives outside of ethanol/methanol and it never fully hardens. Van's aircraft uses it to seal their tanks. We have always used Rhino 9700 on epoxy tanks it was created to protect epoxy structures from acids and alchohol it is a great way to make sure a fiberglass epoxy tank never leaks. Since it is an epoxy with a Novak backbone it will not peel like other tank coatings. It does not work on a metal surface. It has been used for years by Lancair in all their tanks as well as A2CZ and other epoxy build aircraft.

Richard

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 7:30 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Pure epoxy works just fine. Just make sure you have good coverage. An aluminum tank makes no sense. As for compounds to prevent leaks, that's what the epoxy is for. I have heard of people of applying sealant to the inside of the tanks and it peeled off and made a big complicated mess. Again, you're looking at a solution in search of a problem.

Sam Hoskins

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020, 10:00 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I‘ve never used it, but hey knock yourself out. I would think it can’t hurt

On Dec 12, 2020, at 7:33 PM, Cody <cody.craig1985@...> wrote:

Jay wouldn't proseal work as well? I have a lot of that at the shop I was thinking about using.