Re: Building

Bruce Crain

Gettin’ it done!!  Yeah Baby!  1st rate Chris!
Bruce

On Dec 27, 2020, at 6:01 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Sounds good Chris.  FYI, those narrow gap lines your working so hard on.  I find that where I got them pretty tight that's where I get paint chipping off.  Maybe better would be to radius the corners a bit at the gap lines...
Merry Christmas!
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 7:52 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   What a mess.  Manged to clean up the shop today after taking this
picture.

  I have the canard and wing attached and all the flight control
surfaces finished and filled. I did as I  mentioned before, by mounting
the canard to the floor and glueing it down after leveling and getting
the incidence right.I had installed level blocks when it was on the
table. to glue to the floor. I  then attach the fuselage and then the
wing.  The fuselage I could install myself, but mounting the wing , I
need my son in law for a few minute and then did the final jigging and
triangulation by myself.

  The plane is mostly finished , filled and primed and sanded twice with
homemade primmer filler, on the top only. I need to remove the tail and
bring the airplane outside and flip it and then I can finished the
internal wing glassing and ousuide canard glassing on  bottom.  I can
also get my rad scoop installed [water cooled 2.5 subaru] and finish the
canard internal root fairings.It's winter in these parts so -30 is
common and the flip will be done fast. I'm thankfull for lots of young
strong friends. No real surprises yet although the canopy was a chore to
get it to fit, and open well with narrow gap lines.

  Having fun-------------  Chris