Re: Charlie's Dragonfly Repairs

Bruce Crain

Great progress pics Charlie!!  I will “bust mah grove” if you taxi up at Field Of Dreams with that D/Fly!
Bruce

On Jan 4, 2021, at 2:45 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Looks like you are getting there, Charlie. It would be great to have both you and Bob show up in two Dragonflies. Bruce would do a little dance he would be so happy! Let me know when you get back up to Ogden again for a spell and I will see if I can make a flight over there in my Q. BTW, I changed the name of the thread to keep up with the conversation.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of One Sky Dog via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 1:32 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Cutting control cable

Jay,

Here are a few.

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

After a bad day of flying!

<image003.jpg>

Replacement canard and gear and engine on its feet.
<image004.jpg>

Reworked cowl to make space for MS carb. To replace vapor locking TBI carb.

So I still have a problem with right side elevator torque tube alignment with the elevator. I have to drop the canard and cut out the bearing blocks and redo them. Wiring changes, finish rebuilding elevator fairings, engine control hookups and a bunch of other little things. Then start the test flights again. Oh! wheel pants Need to be completed.

I will have to bring my 20 ft barriers to put around it as it ain’t no Lindy nearing 900 hours and 30+ years, 4 engines, 3 canards, 2 owners.

I can only work on it after the snow melts and the temperatures in Ogden are habitable for camping. I hope next summer will be successful and I can show up in a proper airplane at the FOD.

Charlie