Re: Another flight report.

Bruce Crain

Fantastic Sammy!  Lovin’ that panel!  Lots of knobs that I don’t have any idea about their use.  Hopefully next week I will join the ranks!
Bruce

On Jan 4, 2021, at 4:54 PM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

Glad you got up in the air!

What MPH do you look for on final?  I wonder if I’m a tad slow at 85mph on final and trying to touch down around 75mph (not looking inside by that point).

Corbin

On Jan 4, 2021, at 5:42 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't make a January 1st flight, but at least I made a January 4th flight. I was a little delayed by completing my annual condition inspection, plus the weather wasn't the greatest. I made a significant change to my fuel injection system, removing the backup injectors from the throttle body, and completely reprogramming the mixture map for the system. All in all, I'm glad I did it and I think it's going to be a good thing.

Today I got up for about 40 minutes and proved out the new system, and all is good. But I tell you, there's nothing like staying in the air to remain current. As always, my biggest challenge is maintaining my proper air speeds in the pattern. I always seem to be about 10 miles an hour faster, which certainly messes up my landing. It requires close attention.

It was fun to get back up again today.

Sam Hoskins
Q-200

<PXL_20210104_191706503.jpg>