Re: elevator reducer

Sam Hoskins

At first I used grey antiseize. It worked, but messy. Now I just use Tri-Flow. You could use another material, but you already have the aluminum.

Sam

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021, 6:35 PM Mike Steinsland <MIKESKUSTOMS@...> wrote:
Hi guys,
 I've been working on my elevator controls...on and off on and off... I've lubricated the torque tube that fits into the reducer in the elevator . It takes a bit of effort to get the control tube in and out but thats to be expected with a tight fit. I went to the effort of putting a small screw through the elevator tube and into the reducer to keep it from moving out alignment with all the on and off.  I can't imagine what it will be like trying to get the control tube out of that reducer if there is any corrosion because of the steel on aluminum.

Has anybody considered replacing the aluminum reducers with a nylon reducers?