Re: Weishaar-Doyle LS-1 canard design

Chris Walterson

Regarding the  Weishaar - Doyle canard, if you look at the Dragonfly plans you will find they are very similar.

The Dragonfly has a C spar going the entire length. It is made a bit smaller when it is hotwired to allow

for multiple layers of  5 inch wide uni carbon fiber to go over the c spar once the nose cone is attached.

Then the three layers of uni or one layer of tri ply.  When they upped the gross to 1200 lbs, they added more layers of carbon.

I think Rex Taylor may of done load tests on this.  The load was mainly designed for landing loads as they

"sometimes" much higher than flying loads. Year ago Kimble Mc Andrew  from Alberta Canada installed a similar wing

on his Q2 with a 235 Lycoming. I don't know if he used the LS1 or stuck with the Dragonfly GU airfoil.

Does anyone know??  Take care---------------  Chris