Re: clearance

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

Actually depending on who you use for the AW certification prop clearance does matter. The FAA here would not sign off on AW for a tri gear Sonex due to the prop only having a light 5" of clearance. To show us why he had us let the air out on the nose wheel at which point the tips would just miss the ground. Then said "a flat tire just got you a prop strike".

Richard

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 7:52 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
ZZzzzzzzzzzz....... I run a 60/72 Catto Prop.
Tailwheel first landing from the beginning, hopefully mains after that. Same prop since 2001. No issues.
zzzzzzzzzzZZ.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of gbrighton@... <gbrighton@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 3:02:55 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] clearance

Chris,
            Im not qualified to answer but 3 inch Prop /Gnd clearance
Doesn't sound  enough ! .. The Flying Q guys are asleep on this one !? ..
Seeing the Exhaust coming out of the Cowling is looking like things are
getting Serious ; )
You let me know on another List that you were intending the use SDS for
Engine management . I was hoping to use the OEM Soob ecu .. anyway long
story short i have 'left' that effort ... !!  ... and have now installed a
SDS ecu .. Gnd running seems good  .. and if weather is ok will be test
Flying it this wkend  .
Graham

.
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>