N96BJ Flight

Bruce Crain

After flying 14 hours in our RV 6 to Angel Fire, NM, Pampa, TX, Phoenix, AZ to see grandkids, ski and spend a week in a Time Share I pulled out the TriQ 200. I flew to Stillwater to see my brother Kirby and get the engine warmed up and water cooked off. Great landings both airports and when I returned to Enid the wind had shifted to 240. The best runway was 170 so 70 degree crosswind with wind at 18 knots gusting to 27 knots! I lowered the right wing andr pushed left rudder and put the right main down 1st with the other 2 following quickly. Seemed good and the tower came on and said “you handled that crosswind nicely”! I told him the TriQ handled crosswinds much better than my taildraggin’ RV because of the smaller rudder. It doesn’t weathervane into the wind so much! The temperature was around 65 F which is a 70 degree difference from the week before and “Snowklahoma”! We weren’t able to get home during that snowstorm from Angel Fire and Pampa so we cancelled our commercial flight to Phoenix and flew the RV 6! The trip home over the hump east of Phoenix had a wonderful tailwind and we saw ground speeds of 235 mph! Take that United. Home in a little over 4 hours with a picnic lunch in Tucumcari, NM! (We packed sandwiches because Tucumcari doesn’t have a courtesy car).

Thus far I have only logged 2.5 hrs in the TriQ this year. That just ain’t right! Gotta do better! Come on “Spring Fling”! Kevin please don’t mention the worthless cross wind landing I had last year. Just our little secret. 😘

American Airlines Pilot Sees 'Missile Type of Thing'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60384028978d340275d64st04vuc1
Ex-Olympics Gymnastic Coach Kills Self Amid Charges
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60384028bae9540275d64st04vuc2
CDC: Be Careful in Gyms
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60384028de62440275d64st04vuc3