Re: Flight

Bruce Crain

Whoopity doopity!  Way to go Big K!  I flew my buddy Gene Martin for .6 hrs today.  70 degrees!  Gene was probably a bit underwhelmed as he flies a fast Lancair with a pumped 160 horse. Luv!  Still 153 mph at 24 squared at bad for 100 ponies!  Smooth and cool 63 degrees at 3500’.  These Q’s are soo comfortable.  Should have gone cross country!
Bruce

On Mar 3, 2021, at 7:18 PM, Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2@...> wrote:

Sounds like good weathaahh.
Dave D

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:00 PM, Jerry Marstall
<jnmarstall@...> wrote:
Congrats.  Fun, huh!
Jerry

-------- Original message --------
From: Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...>
Date: 3/3/21 7:30 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight

Happy New Year! Or so it seems. FINALLY got in my first flight today!
Nearly 50°F with an inversion. Didn’t use the cabin heat. Tried it for a while, but got too hot!!
Two weeks ago the high on Sunday was -5°F. This is much better. Supposed to be in the high 50’s next week.

TO on 29 was as usual with wind 280 at 5. Climb out was great. 1000FPM at 120 mph. Crystal clear above the haze layer, about 3000’MSL.
Did maneuvers and steep turns to get re-aquanted with the old girl.
Perfect day!!

Back to AP for LDG. I only hope I can continue to land like that one. If it were any better it would have been prefect.
Big smile. Had a Cirrus on my tail so I cleared the runway quickly, all good.

So I finally made it into the log book for 2021!
1.4 hours, one landing. I'm still not current, but what the hell, I will fix that soon!

Fly um if you got um!!
If not get your ass to work!!!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B    543 hrs