Re: Non-vented Fuel Cap Replacement

Mike Dwyer

The original container was about a quart size.  It came with the kit 35 years ago.

Oh, by the way, with my cap when it was cracked, I lost power at full throttle takeoff.  When I throttled back to 75% it ran great.  Incase that ever happens to you.  If the fuel cap is loose or cracked then I don't get enough fuel flow at full power.  Your results may be different.  I'm running the 1/4" id fuel lines per plans.  Some guys have switched to 3/8" id and I suspect the problem will not occur with the larger lines.  I'm not sure if there is a partial vacuum at the fuel cap or if the cap is venting the pressure from the ram air fuel vent.

Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 4:55 PM Mike Steinsland <MIKESKUSTOMS@...> wrote:
Looks like one off a 50 Gal food grade barrel

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021, 4:07 PM Mike Dwyer, <q200pilot@...> wrote:
My cap like this is tan/brown.  I cracked one by over tightening it.  Take the old cap and go see what it fits!
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 3:17 PM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I haven't made Sam's modification using the PVC fitting yet so I am curious if anyone knows the source of this fuel cap that I have.  My A&P found a crack in it during my conditional this week (ready to fly now).

--

Corbin
N33QR