Re: Throttle RPM Oddity

Corbin

Edited

I have an update to share.  After six laps in the pattern, and switching from ram air to alternate air, it was determined that I get full rpm's at full throttle using alternate air.  That's good news because now it is highly likely that my problem area is that, when using ram air, the butterfly valve is not completely closing off and some of the air is escaping out the alternate air intake.  This would throw off manifold pressure and timing.

By the way, best climb rate touched 2400 ft/min (less than 4kt headwind) at roughly 1000 DA.  And just in the pattern at 1600ft was seeing 177mph TAS.  Can't wait to get the ram air issue resolved and see what speeds I get up around 9-10k ft.
--

Corbin
N121CG