Re: Throttle RPM Oddity

Corbin

Thanks Bruce!  Appreciate that note.  Hope to visit you soon.

Corbin

On Mar 21, 2021, at 12:04 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Looks like you’re in the air and on your way!  Way to be vigilant and focused Corbin!  You’ve earned the respect of the QBee tribe for sure!  Gotta see your Q200 someday soon!
Bruce Crain

On Mar 20, 2021, at 9:02 AM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[edit made]  I have an update to share thanks to Jim Patillo and Mark Summers.  After six laps in the pattern, and switching from ram air to alternate air, it was determined that I get full rpm's at full throttle using alternate air.  That's good news because now it is highly likely that my problem area is that, when using ram air, the butterfly valve is not completely closing off and some of the air is escaping out the alternate air intake.  This would throw off manifold pressure and timing.

By the way, best climb rate touched 2400 ft/min (less than 4kt headwind) at roughly 1000 DA.  And just in the pattern at 1600ft was seeing 177mph TAS.  Can't wait to get the ram air issue resolved and see what speeds I get up around 9-10k ft.
--

Corbin
N121CG

--