I really like this as a thought experiment. And I see some parallels with autoclave processes. In an autoclave you can apply pressure without the vacuum turned on. Therefore this is sort of similar to what you propose. I haven't figured out yet whether this leads to different amount of resin flowing into the bleeder - but my gut feeling says it will have a considerable effect.

And now that I'm thinking about it, a typical autoclave pressure *could* make the resin absorb small air bubbles. At least that's what I see in resin casting, using polyurethane resin. In that process one can take one of two very different routes: vacuum casting or pressure casting. In former you 'pull out' the air bubbles, in the latter the pressure makes the resin absorb the air bubbles. Until tonight I hadn't seen the parallel. But it has nothing to with building a Q1 or Q2 :-)

Rob

On 27 Mar 2021 21:40, Bruce Crain wrote:
Just a thought.  Would it help to vacuum bag parts and then put sand or lead on top of the outside bagging material to use weight to press the resin and glass together tighter into the weave?  It would be messy and you would have to keep the mold from creeping but what does the group think and does any one have any experience to share about that?  Just thinking outside the box.
Bruce Crain
---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Stuart Grant" <smgrant@bellsouth.net>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Resin volume placed on foam
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 07:18:37 -0700
Here is a link to a YouTube video where Cozy Girrl Randi explains about how Cozy Girrls make composite parts, including mixing epoxy, mixing micro, using gloves, low pressure vacuum bagging, peel ply, sanding etc. The video was recorded at Sun-N-Fun 2019 and the beginning has a lot of noise from the air show but Randi has great tips. https://youtu.be/fmuDOWTr_3c <https://youtu.be/fmuDOWTr_3c>
If the link doesn't work search YouTube for
Cozy Girrrl's LoVac Composite Tools & Tricks