Re: Rigging

Sam Hoskins

Mike, there are a few photos of my lower bellcrank, roll trim and reflexor in my photos on the Q-List.

Sam

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 7:50 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
Mike-------------  I don't know if I mentioned before, but I find it
better to do all the filling ,sanding and priming on the wing and canard
before attaching. Leave enough unfinished to glass in place.  I also
watched a few videos and saw where the lower bellcrank is about 6
inches. Then, I watched a photo video of a Q built in 1985 and it had a
bellcrank about 3 inches.

   I will wait around to see if there are other opinions, but , I think
I am going to stick with how I have it.

  I am finishing the inside of the canopy, and one thing to be aware of
is to mask the outside about 1/4 inch in from the edge. Then prime and
paint. When you remove the protective cover from the inside you will see
your paint line through the inside plexiglass.

You can mask the inside to this paint line and then paint. I notice most
cockpits are a different colour from the outside so this way you do not
see the two different colours around the canopy line.  Take
care------------- Chris