Fuel Sight Tube Broke- pics included

Corbin

Brittle little tubes these are. I’m starting the new panel build and was emptying the header tank. I barely touched the sight gauge so I could watch the fuel quantity decreased. It cracked immediately and fuel started to spray. As I panicked and yelled, “tell my story….” to anyone that could of heard me, I tried to put my thumb over it and it broke into more pieces. Plenty of fuel emptied into the middle and pilot seat before I could rig up the hose and water container to collect it. Fun.

Glad it broke on the ground as I easily could have tapped it in flight and the same thing would have happened.

Corbin

--
Corbin
N121CG