Re: Today's Progress

Jay Scheevel

Nice work, Mike. I have done the same thing as you with the split vinyl tubing to keep from chopping off parts of my body that I would like to keep. I hung my cone, pointy end up,  from the shop ceiling, then crawled underneath, stood up and did the glassing work “statue of liberty style”. After a while it gets hot, humid and much lower in O2 content. Finally gave up and built my little access port for future repairs. Hang in there you are getting closer.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2021 4:49 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Today's Progress

Just finished running the 4 control cables in the tail...No wonder the last guy quit before getting to this step! I tried wearing the tail cone as a hat, like Jay suggested, but ended up doing the old Army crawl instead.

Obligatory airplane selfie:

I also popped my "Dremel an Airplane" cherry and made clearance for the new brake mount. Big shout out to "Sawzall Sam" for inspiring me on how these airplanes really get (re)built. Must have watched that video a dozen times last night to build up my confidence :-)

'til next time,
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)