Re: Nathan Peck's Quickie Q-Tour is uploaded to YouTube

smeshno1@...

That would work too, Bob.  Contact! Magazine (Pat Panzera, editor) had a feature on Pegasus DP-1 who have been developing a 1/2 Continental O-200 to a two cylinder specifically for LSA use. It has been running but the developer whom I have chatted with was also doing his best to avoid using a forged crankshaft. I think he finally tossed in the towel and went with the machine forged steel. I also informed that Nitriding and keeping the throw and mains radii larger than .100" are both required for aircraft use. The fact is that either powerplant would indeed make an excellent Q1 FWF package. Rocket indeed! Wow.. hotrod for one. 

*Not affiliated with Teledyne Continental Motors WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE DP-1 LIGHT SPORT AIRCRAFT ENGINE. The DP-1 is an exciting new development for aircraft and vehicles which need LIGHT WEIGHT AND RELIABLE POWER at an AFFORDABLE PRICE. This kit provides all the necessary SPECIAL components to make a 100 cubic inch displacement engine that is a horizontally opposed, two-cylinder ...
flypegasuspower.com

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Cringely <bob@...>
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 9:28 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Nathan Peck's Quickie Q-Tour is uploaded to YouTube

If you mean a Franklin O-110, I have one! It came in 50 and 60 hp versions rated at 3300 rpm. 

Bob

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 7:46 AM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Great to see you and your Q2 again Nathan!!  Say, I looked at a Continental 0200 1/2 a while back.  I suppose it would weigh around 120 lbs and crank out 50 hp.  Might make that Q2 a rocket!  3 gals/hr!  Just a thought.
Bruce

On May 9, 2021, at 11:43 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Nathan, thank you for the zoom meeting you did. Informative and like Sam said “what a history”. Sorry to hear you’ve had so many problems with the Rotax and Warp Drive. 

Regards,
Jim
N46JP Q200

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.