Re: Panel Progress

Richard Thomson

That looks a well constructed fuselage Corbin.

 I found that a few hours are spent setting up the various parts of the system so added a GENISIS socket to the installation ( thats a Ground Electrical Network Installation, System Interface Socket)

I can now charge either or both batteries and power the electrics without the worry of draining them dry, or major access work.  It also has some pick ups for other items, all in one plug. Lightweight, Quick and simple.

Rich T.

On 10/06/2021 03:36, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
We’ve had 2-3 weeks of delays but are back working on the new panel now. We took off the tail tonight in prep for the autopilot servo and new aux battery.

As you can see in the attached photo, I can easily get to and replace my fuel filter now that the panel is out. I love being able to easily access and see everything with the panel gone.

If there are any other items I should pay attention to at this time behind the panel please let me know. For instance, I’ll replace the overflow fuel hose since it’s likely the original one.

I also need to revisit where most people have placed their pitch servo (those with autopilots) because it seems a bit crowded in the center in front of the trim wheel and under header tank so I need to decide where to place it.

Love learning more about these planes but sure wish I was flying more these days. It will all be worth it with these upgrades though.

Corbin