Re: Anyone going to OSH this year?

Jay Scheevel

OK Corbin,  but no wimping out for Field of Dreams in Enid!

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 5:12 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Anyone going to OSH this year?

I will have to miss this year as well.  The new avionics will be finished but I’ll be in Washington DC that week.

Corbin

On Jun 23, 2021, at 10:34 PM, Keith Welsh <kw544@...> wrote:

Your tempting me.

But not planning to at this time.  Presently down for annual and making more alterations.

Seems many of these planes were built venting the vac pump and engine down the gear legs....well guess what that does.

LOUSY BRAKES!  Obviously changing that.

And many were built w/o a static system.  Go figure!!  Installed an AV-30, static system and an OAT and absolutely luv it.

Plus a carb temp through the JPI 350.  Nice knowing density alt and now don't use carb ht much unless needed.

Interesting how much cooler the air is inside the carb and how much the temp climbs on final at idle.

Will see how July goes.

Why, are you thinking about flying into Terre Haute and partnering up?

From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Anyone going to OSH this year?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 16:11:56 -0600

It is my intension, should the weather gods permit, that I will be at Oshkosh with my Q this year. Is anyone else planning on going?  Is there a forum planned?

Corbin
N121CG