Re: Anyone going to OSH this year?

Jay Scheevel

Hi Keith,

Would be great to see your spiffy T-18 again, but don’t feel pressured. I will not fly that far south, so probably can’t fly in together, but I need to introduce you to the brother of one of my good school chums. He flies one of 5 T-18’s that do an aerobatics routine in the southwest. He is in Las Vegas, and in the past several of that group have flown to OSH together. I think they are coming again this year and may pass near to you on the way. I will contact them and see if they are doing a Thorp group arrival. That would be something. In any case, I will get his contact phone to see if I can get you linked up while at the show.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Welsh
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:33 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Anyone going to OSH this year?

Your tempting me.

But not planning to at this time.  Presently down for annual and making more alterations.

Seems many of these planes were built venting the vac pump and engine down the gear legs....well guess what that does.

LOUSY BRAKES!  Obviously changing that.

And many were built w/o a static system.  Go figure!!  Installed an AV-30, static system and an OAT and absolutely luv it.

Plus a carb temp through the JPI 350.  Nice knowing density alt and now don't use carb ht much unless needed.

Interesting how much cooler the air is inside the carb and how much the temp climbs on final at idle.

Will see how July goes.

Why, are you thinking about flying into Terre Haute and partnering up?

From: "Jay Scheevel" <jay@...>
To: <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Anyone going to OSH this year?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 16:11:56 -0600

It is my intension, should the weather gods permit, that I will be at Oshkosh with my Q this year. Is anyone else planning on going?  Is there a forum planned?