Re: W and B

Sam Hoskins

A proper weight and balance must be performed on every aircraft, using a logical method, taking it from scratch. The EAA has an excellent series on how to do this. You must be an EAA member to view the program.

Kitplanes magazine also had an excellent article with an accompanying spreadsheet for entertaining your data.

I hope this helps.

Sam

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021, 8:14 PM Chris Walterson <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Jay----------   When the aircraft is empty and level it will nose over
due to no tail weight. If install 20 lbs at the aft bulkhead I get

10 lbs on the tail station 214-------  373 on both mains at station
35.5.  I have inboard gear that is 21.5 inches back from the front of
the firewall.

  With my wife and no fuel we get 33lbs at 214    465 at 35.5 , pilot
side and 425 at 35.5 passenger side.  Total 923 @ 41.8.

  I'll get the certified scales and do the pilot and fuel loading as the
guys have been suggesting.

  Still having fun--------------  Chris