Re: W and B

Chris Walterson

Jay-------  Thanks for the info. I think I may have been using 54.7 for my pilot loading.

 As I said before, I will do a real world weight and balance to make sure it is correct.

 Let me pass something by the guys. If I need  twenty or more lbs near the back bulkhead to get the

proper tail wheel load, I was thinking, because I don't exactly have a Q rudder and stab, why don't I load

closer to the tail wheel. I was thinking of removing  the rudder and boring a 5/8 hole down the stab, full length.

 My stab has a spar so I  can drill just forward of it. Fill the 5/8 steel pipe with lead , weight it and slide it down the hole with flox

 and epoxi. I could also slide a pipe filled with lead inside the rudder tube  itself and rivet/ glue it in place.

My rudder is mass balanced, but the lead is at the balance point so it should not pose a problem.

I could also bend some 3/8 metal to fit inside the tail wheel mount for maybe 1/2 lb more.

 I think doing something like this i could reduce the actual weight needed by half.

 I realize pot is legal in Canada, but I didn't really use any, just thinking in the abstract.

 Any comments appreciated. Now to clean up the garage for next Saturday. Hopefully a week is long enough.

 Take care-----------------  Chris