Re: Elevator Weights or Something Else

Corbin

Makes sense.  I have yet to play with the servo much to feel the resistance, if any at all.

Corbin

On July 30, 2021 at 4:21 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

My opinion - a servo that is not engaged should have close to zero resistance, so no I think you should still have the elevators balanced.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021, 16:11 Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Follow-up question.  Would the resistance from a servo make the weights obsolete?

Corbin

On July 30, 2021 at 4:07 PM, "Corbin via groups.io" <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Paul and Cody.  That is what I have always thought (a weight) but now knowing it is for flutter that helps explain why it is fairly light as not much weight would be needed for that.

Thanks again,

Corbin

On July 30, 2021 at 4:06 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Yes, it's a counter weight to balance the elevators to prevent flutter (hopefully!).

Paul

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021, 15:53 Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey all,

I’ve always assumed that the circled item is a weight of some kind connected to the elevator control.

While we continue to work on the avionics , and locate a spot to mount a servo up front, I realize there’s hardly any weight to these at all.  I’ve also noticed in quite a few photos posted by this group that others don’t seem to have this mysterious object.

Any ideas on what the circle item could be if not a weight?

Corbin

--
Corbin
N121CG