It’s quite interesting that if I use the Q200 W&B graphs then the aircraft is well with in its CFG range
Regards
Theo

On 03 Aug 2021, at 16:13, Jay Scheevel <jay@scheevel.com> wrote:

Hi Theo,

It looks like you are showing empty weight numbers. If that is the case, then your empty CG is at 40.31. If I assume the pilot FS to be at FS 60 (you need to measure this by sitting in the airplane), then your empty-fuel, pilot-only CG would be 45.35. That should be in the middle of the envelope. The FS 40.31 empty aircraft arm is just about where you want it. Make sure you measure the main tank, header tank, pilot/passenger, and baggage area, individually. If your numbers you posted are empty weight numbers, then at 553.21 pounds, you have one of the lightest Q2's on the planet! With your rotax at ~100 HP, it should get off quickly and fly fast! Good work on that! Keep us posted.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Theo Scheepers
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 2:03 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] W and B

Hi Gentlemen I hope someone can recommend and check my W&B I’ve installed a Rotax 912 UL . I’ve got the old GU canard It seems to me that if I’m using the LS1 Envelope that I’m just inside the Envelope (forward end ) but if I use the GU Envelope I’m forward outside of the Envelope Here’s my weights and arms

Left. 275,21 lb. arm. 39,5”
Right 275,37 lb. arm. 39,5”
Tail. 2,63 lb. arm. 210,4”
My weight is 190 lb.

This includes everything ( upholstery,instruments,fire extinguisher and battery (at station 82) )) Regards Theo Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Jul 2021, at 22:20, Jay Scheevel <jay@scheevel.com> wrote:

Removing the passenger or adding the passenger (depending on how you look at it) is the only difference between the last two loading scenarios.
According to my calculations and using 163.4 pounds for the passenger, gives my a FS for the pass/pilot of 61.92" Of course if you are taller, more of the leg weight is farther forward, so the it does vary from passenger to passenger. Since I don’t have independent weights for the gas in each tank. I cannot compute the FS of the two tanks. You will need that for your certification papers.