Re: Crazy OSH departures on Saturday

Sam Hoskins

Fun departures.

It seems most of the time I've had departures on 36L, which calls for a right turn before you get to the tower.  Then follow the lake shoreline below 500 feet until five miles south, then you're on your own. They want you at or below 500 feet to stay below any arriving aircraft.

Sam

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 10:05 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Below is a link to the video of OSH departures right after the field went VFR at noon on Saturday. Gives you a good feel for the pace of things, and also you can see how poor the visibility was. Just barely VFR. My takeoff is shown starting at 2:50 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6RTfSOuTG4&feature=youtu.be