Re: Canyon flight

Jerry Marstall

In the mid-1980s, on the 4th of July' Nancy and I made the same trip in the. Musketeer from Boston,  from there to the Poconos and wound up landing at a remote honeymooners resort.  owner was a retired PanAm pilot.  camped  free for 3days  by the fishing pond along side the runway,  Good old days. Jerry

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 4:31 PM John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Some may have thought you were drones. Sounds like an awsome flight. If you like to fly canyons, we have a hundred natural ones in NM.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 1:59 PM, Dave Dugas via groups.io
<davedq2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not able to attend the zoom meeting this morning.... reason; Rod and I just returned from a beautiful flight through the man-made canyons of NYC. We flew the VFR corridor down the Hudson River south past the statue of liberty, did a 180 and flew north past the world trade center, and returned to KORE... total time 2.9 hours. Rod's flight time was about 15 minutes less. Great conditions and not as busy as I expected, much less than KOSH. I'll try to get some footage together. Counting on Rod for that. This has been on our bucket list since we started flying, and was kind of last minute mission. There surely must of been a few "WTH is that thing up there" statements made as we flew over. I'll be on the lookout for the YouTube recording of Sanjay's presentation. Hope to see y'all soon at the FOD in Enid.
Dave D