Re: Quickie Q1 Canard and wing foam cut

Chris Walterson

Eugen--------------  Watching the video on Terry Crouchs' airplane he mentions he has the LS canard. That would be the way I would go if doing it over.  I made the GU perform with the addition of VGs, but I think Terry had the right idea.

 As for brake lines and brakes, the original  scrubbers are real weak.  I would use drum brakes and  route out a slot down the entire canard about 3/4 inch deep. Install some oversized plastic tubing and micro and foam it in place. Doing this allows you to remove and replace any Nyloseal that may fail. You could also run hydraulic lines in the larger tube if you choose.  take care------------  Chris