From: "Keith Welsh" <kw544@juno.com>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] GPS Dimension
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:33:14 GMT

The 296 is why I now have the 660.
It would not update and the date was 1999.
I called Garmin, was told that series of GPS’s (196/296) have gone further into the future than expected and is why the dates did not roll over.
He hooked up to mine and it did update but not the date. With only 9 days left in the cycle he just let me have the update.

However, he told me he couldn’t guarantee it would take one or more updates but eventually it would be an expensive paper weight. I see ‘‘em advertised on eBay for $200 sooooo. I think off it’ll go.