From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 8:33 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Removing Engine with Tail Off - Support Recommendations

I think this will be the 7th or 8th time for me to take off the engine.  My avionics guy needs to get to the alternator.  In the past, it was a normal process and all I needed was the engine hoist.  However, this time the tail is off so I am currently supporting the fuselage by resting it on a short table while the engine stand supports the front from tipping forward.

How would you guys recommend me supporting the fuselage while removing the engine without the tail on?  Should I simply just put the tailback on for the meantime and remove it again once the engine is back on?
--

Corbin
N121CG