Re: Removing Engine with Tail Off - Support Recommendations

Martin Skiby

Put a foam block under the federate at the split.   Easy and will work fine.

Martin

On Sep 23, 2021, at 9:28 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

That would be the simplest and it doesn’t take long.
Bruce

On Sep 23, 2021, at 10:33 AM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

I think this will be the 7th or 8th time for me to take off the engine.  My avionics guy needs to get to the alternator.  In the past, it was a normal process and all I needed was the engine hoist.  However, this time the tail is off so I am currently supporting the fuselage by resting it on a short table while the engine stand supports the front from tipping forward.

How would you guys recommend me supporting the fuselage while removing the engine without the tail on?  Should I simply just put the tailback on for the meantime and remove it again once the engine is back on?
--

Corbin
N121CG