Re: Removing Engine with Tail Off - Support Recommendations

Mike Dwyer

Hi Corbin,
I chock the wheels, put a bottle jack at the back with a board/foam to spread the load, and also a jack at the front center, just behind the cowl to hold up the front.  In my hangar I have a Come-Along that goes up to a structural beam in the hangar.  To work on an accessory case item takes me about 30 min to have the engine pulled forward and gain access.
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 11:33 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think this will be the 7th or 8th time for me to take off the engine.  My avionics guy needs to get to the alternator.  In the past, it was a normal process and all I needed was the engine hoist.  However, this time the tail is off so I am currently supporting the fuselage by resting it on a short table while the engine stand supports the front from tipping forward.

How would you guys recommend me supporting the fuselage while removing the engine without the tail on?  Should I simply just put the tailback on for the meantime and remove it again once the engine is back on?
--

Corbin
N121CG