Jim,
Not sure I’ve had it long enough to test it thoroughly.  I have it under the glare screen so it usually doesn’t see direct sunlight.  All it takes to remove it from the harness is push one button and you can “put it where the sun don’t shine”.  (Don’t take that personally).
Bruce

On Sep 23, 2021, at 12:42 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Thanks Bruce. That’s what I though. How well does the 660 work in a hot cockpit in direct sunlight. Does it ever get hot and shut down like an IPhone?

Jim

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 10:19:39 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] GPS Dimension

Jim
I assume the 496 power cord is the same as the 296.  If so the 660 is a total different animal.  But with only 3 wires to hook up it is a piece of cake.
Bruce

On Sep 23, 2021, at 11:27 AM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Bruce,

When I bought my Trio, I understood the baud rate works from 4800 to 9600 Baud. I have a 496 and it has worked fine with the Trio.
I am planning to switch to the 660. My question is, is the power harness the same and can I use my 496-power cord to hook up to the 660, or is it a different connection?

Jim
N46JP