Re: Removing Engine with Tail Off - Support Recommendations

Sam Hoskins

Here's Jerry's setup. It folds up when not in use. For removing the engine, I recommend a Harbour Freight engine hoist with the optional leveling attachment.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021, 10:33 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I think this will be the 7th or 8th time for me to take off the engine.  My avionics guy needs to get to the alternator.  In the past, it was a normal process and all I needed was the engine hoist.  However, this time the tail is off so I am currently supporting the fuselage by resting it on a short table while the engine stand supports the front from tipping forward.

How would you guys recommend me supporting the fuselage while removing the engine without the tail on?  Should I simply just put the tailback on for the meantime and remove it again once the engine is back on?
--

Corbin
N121CG