Re: Emergency landing witnessed

Frankenbird Vern

911 is pretty much useless out here in the sticks of Oklahoma. 121.5 IS effective! One pilot reporting on another in distress gets ATC attention in a hurry.
Vern

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Rodney Herzig <zzigster@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 7:18 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Emergency landing witnessed

Yes Paul, it was a helpless feeling. I was thinking 121.5 or 911 depending on the outcome. Fortunately, Dave made the airport.

Rod Herzig
CozyIII
N399BR

On Sep 22, 2021, at 1:18 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Nice job Rod.  That must be a really helpless feeling to be that close and all you can do is watch!

Thanks for the video.

Paul

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 18:49 Rodney Herzig <zzigster@...> wrote:
https://youtu.be/hRzUAs8ITzM

Here is video taken during Dave Dugas’s engine failure while enroute to Enid and the communication between him and I during the emergency as it it happened.

Rod Herzig
CozyIII
N399BR