Re: inspection

Rick Hole

I am thinking what the elevator, say on the more commonly known Cessna, Pipers, etc., do. They are on the tail, not the wing, and their function it to change the angle of attack of the wing.
The flaps are mounted on the wing itself and function to change the chord of the wing, modifying its lift and improving the wing loading.
The elevator on Velocities are on the canard and function much like the other airplanes, though in the opposite direction being forward of the main wing.
I lean toward the argument that tandem wings technically have only flaps, not elevators.
Getting the high performance rating in the US is very easy. Or was at least for me. It is a CFI sign-off. ATC is a different "bird" entirely.

Rick Hole