Re: New Group Member

Jay Scheevel

Looks like your along-the-chord placement is not too different from Brent’s.  I think the two-sided ones, like on Brent’s canard are referred to as vortilators, but someone (Vern?) can correct me if I am wrong on that.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of One Sky Dog via groups.io
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 5:59 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] New Group Member

Ok my memory failed here is my VG’s in flight. Single alternating angles worked fine in light rain. Never sought out heavy rain to test that.

Inline image

I like the small plastic ones

Welcome to STOLSPEED Vortex Generators! Please

One Sky Dog

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 10:04 PM, Brent Sherstan <brent.sherstan@...> wrote:

Here’s my VG’s, they are definitely aft of the curvature peak. Judging by the tuft testing that Jay shared, I suspect they’d be in dirty air by the time I’m close to stall and not doing anything. Conducting my own tuft testing would be interesting though before I pull them off. And I agree that you want the minimum amount of VG’s as possible, just need to do more testing.

Brent