Re: Firewall with no engine

Richard Thomson

Great earth point Jay, wished I had done that.

Rich T.

On 05/10/2021 18:43, Jay Scheevel wrote:

Good point, Charlie. But I am not doing any fixing, just looking thoroughly and doing the necessary wear checking. My installation is a one-off, so I treat it like a prototype with respect to inspections.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of One Sky Dog via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 11:13 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Firewall with no engine

Learned in England classified for 30 years, airlines learned again in the 70’s.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

But if it is a 30 year old oil line replace it!

Charlie

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 9:54 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I am into my annual this month. I have set up my engine so that it takes about 1 hour to remove and same to put it back on. I have removed it for 2 of my 3 annuals so far. I generally ask myself why I am doing this as I am removing it, but once I get it off, I feel much better about it, because I can get a really good look at everything on the back of the engine, thus a thorough inspection.

For some of you that saw my plane with the engine in place, here is what the firewall looks like without the engine.

Cheers,

Jay  Tri-Q2 N8WQ 190 hours.